Unorthodox Cashew Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 green onions, green parts only, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Combine flour and pepper in a large zip-top bag. Add chicken. Shake
to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken for about 3
minutes on each side.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, green onions, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic,
ginger and pepper flakes; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add cashews and stir.
- Serve over rice.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
You can double the sauce recipe if you want to have some to pour over the
chicken and the rice.