- 3 onions, divided
- 1 (4 to 5 pound) pork roast
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- Slice 2 of the onions and put half in bottom of a slow cooker. Add meat, cloves and water with remaining sliced onions on top.
- Cover and cook overnight for 8 to 12 hours on LOW.
- After cooking pork, remove bone and fat from meat. Put meat back into slow cooker.
- Chop remaining onion and add with barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook an additional 1 to 2 hours on HIGH or 4 to 5 hours on LOW, stirring two or three times.
- Serve on buns.
With about 5 servings per meal, you'll have extra to freeze for another day.
Per serving: calories: 260; protein: 26 grams; total fat: 14 grams; saturated fat: 14 grams; cholesterol: 92 mg; sodium: 314
mg; carbohydrate: 6 grams; dietary fiber: 0.2 gram