Barbecued Pork and Beef Sandwiches
This may also be served over rice rather than using rolls, if desired.
Leftovers freeze great.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean stew beef
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- In a slow cooker, combine the beef, pork, onion and green bell pepper.
- Combine the remaining ingredients.Blend all of these ingredients well and add to
the slow cooker. Stir into the meat, onion and pepper mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 8 hours.
- Stir to shred meat before serving on buttered rolls or pita bread.
- If you do not have a slow cooker, you can simmer this mixture on top of the stove.
Use a very heavy Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.