Barbecued Pork and Beef Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 pounds lean stew beef
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a slow cooker, combine the beef, pork, onion and green bell pepper.
- Combine the remaining ingredients.
Blend all of these ingredients well and add to the slow cooker. Stir
into the meat, onion and pepper mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 8 hours.
- Stir to shred meat before serving on buttered rolls or pita bread.
- If you do not have a slow cooker, you can simmer this mixture
on top of the stove. Use a very heavy Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid.
This may also be served over rice rather than using rolls, if desired.
Leftovers freeze great.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Sandwich Recipes