Barbecued Pork on Buns
Want the flavor of barbecued sandwiches, but don't want to get the grill out
or turn on the oven? Fix this slow cook version of barbecue pork for sandwiches.
Pork can be made 1 to 2 days ahead; cover and refrigerate. Reheat before serving.
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup cola carbonated beverage
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 sandwich buns
- Combine all ingredients except buns in 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cook, covered on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or until very tender.
- Drain and slice or shred pork; serve on buns with additional barbecue sauce,
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 6 hr | Servings: 8
Nutrition Information: Calories: 302 calories Protein: 29 grams Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 490 milligrams Cholesterol: 65 milligrams Saturated Fat: 0 grams Carbohydrates:
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com
>> SLOW COOKER RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.