- 1 (1 1/2 to 2 pound) pork tenderloin, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 large strips of peel from half an orange (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb or Coca-Cola
- 16 fajita-size flour tortillas
Pico de Gallo
- 1 large tomato, cored and chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Carnitas: Combine pork, onion, jalapeno, orange peel and soda in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Uncover and shred the meat using 2 forks.
- Serve on flour tortillas and top with pico de gallo, if desired.
- Pico de Gallo: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Yield: 8 servings (2 tortillas and 1/8 of the meat per serving)
Calories: 339; Fat: 7.9 g; Saturated Fat: 2.4 g; Protein: 30.3
g; Fiber: 2.5 g; Carbohydrates: 35 g; Sodium: 360 mg; Cholesterol:
Nutritional data per serving: 339 calories, 30.3 grams protein,
35 grams carbohydrates, 2.5 grams fiber, 7.9 grams fat, 2.4 grams
saturated fat, 72 milligrams cholesterol and 360 milligrams sodium
>> SLOW COOKER RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.