- 1 (1 1/2 to 2 pound) pork tenderloin, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 large strips of peel from half an orange (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb or Coca-Cola
- 16 fajita-size flour tortillas
Pico de Gallo
- 1 large tomato, cored and chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Carnitas: Combine pork, onion, jalapeno, orange peel and soda in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Uncover and shred the meat using 2 forks.
- Serve on flour tortillas and top with pico de gallo, if desired.
- Pico de Gallo: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Yield: 8 servings (2 tortillas and 1/8 of the meat per serving)
Calories: 339; Fat: 7.9 g; Saturated Fat: 2.4 g; Protein: 30.3
g; Fiber: 2.5 g; Carbohydrates: 35 g; Sodium: 360 mg; Cholesterol:
Nutritional data per serving: 339 calories, 30.3 grams protein,
35 grams carbohydrates, 2.5 grams fiber, 7.9 grams fat, 2.4 grams
saturated fat, 72 milligrams cholesterol and 360 milligrams sodium
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.