- 1 (1 1/2 to 2 pound) pork tenderloin, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 large strips of peel from half an orange (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb or Coca-Cola
- 16 fajita-size flour tortillas
Pico de Gallo
- 1 large tomato, cored and chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine pork, onion, jalapeno, orange peel and soda in a slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Uncover and shred the meat using 2 forks.
- Serve on flour tortillas and top with pico de gallo, if desired.
- Pico de Gallo: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, seasoning to taste with
salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Yield: 8 servings (2 tortillas and 1/8 of the meat per serving)
Calories: 339; Fat: 7.9 g; Saturated Fat: 2.4 g; Protein: 30.3
g; Fiber: 2.5 g; Carbohydrates: 35 g; Sodium: 360 mg; Cholesterol:
Nutritional data per serving: 339 calories, 30.3 grams protein,
35 grams carbohydrates, 2.5 grams fiber, 7.9 grams fat, 2.4 grams
saturated fat, 72 milligrams cholesterol and 360 milligrams sodium
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.