Chicago Style Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 1 (4 pound) chuck roast
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 pepperoncini peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sliced and seeded green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini juice
- 1 to 2 cans good beef broth (if needed)
- Hot crusty Italian beef buns or hard rolls
- Put chuck roast and water in slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours, until meat is tender.
- Pick through meat and remove all fat. Shred meat.
- In a large pan add meat, broth from slow cooker, oregano, sesame seeds,
beef bouillon cubes, pepperoncini, fennel seed (do not omit this), salt and pepper, green peppers and pepperoncini
juice from peppers. If you don't have enough broth from the slow cooker, add 1 to 2 cans of good beef broth to the
- Heat for about 30 minutes.
- Serve on hot crusty Italian beef buns or hard rolls.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.