This is to be used for tacos, burritos or sandwiches.
- 1 (3 pound) chuck roast, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles
- 1 (7 ounce) can salsa verde
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup beef broth
- Place chuck roast in large slow cooker and sprinkle with the salt and pepper, chili powder and cumin.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Shred the meat with a fork and cook on HIGH for an additional10-15 minutes.
- Serve in burritos, tacos or on crusty rolls with the juice for dipping.