French Dip Sandwiches
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) lean beef roast
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 low-sodium beef bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hard rolls or sliced French bread
- Trim and discard all visible fat from roast. Place in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, bouillon and spices; pour over roast. Add water
to almost cover.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or until
meat is very tender.
- Remove meat; strain and reserve broth. Shred meat with 2 forks.
- Serve on rolls or bread with broth for dipping.
Yield: 12 servings