Green Chile Pork
Serve GReen Chile Pork as a filling for burritos, tacos or nachos; add canned beans or hominy to make a stew; or just serve over rice.
- 3 pounds boneless pork, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (16 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown pork cubes in oil until beginning to brown. Add onions and cook until onions are softened. Drain.
- Place pork and onions in a slow cooker, add remaining ingredients and cook on LOW until pork is tender, about 8 hours.
- With a large spoon, stir the mixture, breaking the pork into large shreds by pressing the meat cubes against the side of the slow cooker.
This freezes well.