Green Chile Pork
Serve as a filling for burritos, tacos, or nachos; add canned beans
or hominy to make a stew; or just serve over rice.
- 3 pounds boneless pork, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (16 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown pork cubes in oil until beginning to brown. Add onions and
cook until onions are softened. Drain.
- Place pork and onions in a slow cooker, add remaining ingredients
and cook on LOW until pork is tender, about 8 hours.
- With a large spoon, stir the mixture, breaking the pork into large
shreds by pressing the meat cubes against the side of the slow
This freezes well.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Sandwich Recipes