Have it Your Way Saucy Sausage
- 2 pounds Italian sausage (sweet, mild or hot)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 cup water
- 48 ounces spaghetti sauce
- Hotdog buns or cooked spaghetti
- Place sausage in skillet, cover with water and simmer at least 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients in slow cooker, add drained sausage, cut into hot dog
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours (or more). Increase temperature to HIGH, and
cook 1 hour longer.
- Serve in buns or over cooked spaghetti. (Sausage skins disappear during cooking.)
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.