Italian Beef Hoagies
Enjoy these Italian beef hoagies packed with peppers and provolone cheese.
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless beef round tip roast
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1/3 cup mild pepperoncini peppers (from 11.5-ounce jar), coarsely chopped
- 8 hoagie buns, split, toasted
- 8 thinly sliced red bell pepper rings
- 8 (3/4 ounce) slices provolone cheese
- Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In cooker, place onion and garlic.
- If beef roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove; place beef on onion.
Pour dressing over beef.
- Cover; cook on LOW heat setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Transfer beef to cutting board; remove netting if necessary. Cut beef into thin
slices; return to cooker.
- Stir in pepperoncini. Increase heat setting to HIGH.
- Cover; cook 15 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon beef into toasted buns; top with bell pepper rings and cheese.
- Pour remaining liquid into 8 small custard cups; serve with sandwiches for dipping.
Total Time: 8 Hr 25 Min | Yield: 8 sandwiches
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Sandwich) Calories 690 (Calories from
Fat 220), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 135mg; Sodium
1230mg; Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 12g), Protein 62g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 30%; Iron 45%
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.