Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 1 (5 pound) chuck roast
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mild pickled pepper slices, reserving juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 envelope dry zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Trim excess fat from roast. Place roast in slow cooker. Mix water
and juice from pickled peppers with salt, pepper, oregano, basic,
onion powder, garlic and salad dressing mix. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove meat, allow to cool slightly and shred, discarding any fat.
- Sauté onion rings in olive oil until soft.
- Return shredded meat to broth in slow cooker, add the onions and reserved
- Cook on HIGH until heated through, 15 minutes to 1/2 hour.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Sandwich Recipes