Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 1 (1 2/3 pound) lean beef roast, such as sirloin or bottom round
- 1 envelope Good Season's Italian Dressing Mix
- Place the roast in a slow cooker. Sprinkle the dressing mix over the
beef. Add about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water. Place lid on slow cooker
and set temperature to LOW.
- Cook for about 11 hours or overnight
(for a noon meal). For an evening meal, put it on early in the morning
and let it cook all day.
- After the roast is cooked, shred the meat with a couple of forks
and serve it on hearty buns.
- Serve some of the liquid in a small dish for au jus.