Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- 1 (5 pound) chuck roast
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Trim excess fat from roast. Place roast in slow cooker. Mix water
with all seasonings and pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8
- 10 hours.
- Remove meat, allow to cool slightly and shred, discarding any fat.
- Return shredded meat to broth in slow cooker and cook on high until
heated through, 15 minutes to 1/2 hour.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve meat on large buns or rolls.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/12/01 1:42:59 pm.