North Carolina Barbecue Sandwich
North Carolina Barbecue Sandwich is a tangy pork sandwich topped with crunchy cole slaw.
- 1 (6 pound) Boston butt pork roast
- 1 1/2 cups white or apple cider vinegar
- 5 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the pork roast into 2-inch cubes.
- Add the meat, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and spices to a slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 5 hours. Alternatively, you can simmer on the stove top
for 5 hours.
- Let the meat drain for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Fork shred the meat and serve on hamburger buns.
- Top the sandwich with cole slaw to serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.