North Carolina Barbecue Sandwich
A tangy pork sandwich topped with crunchy cole slaw.
- 1 (6 pound) Boston butt pork roast
- 1 1/2 cups white or apple cider vinegar
- 5 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the pork roast into 2-inch cubes.
- Add the meat, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and spices to a slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 5 hours. Alternatively, you can simmer on the stove top
for 5 hours.
- Let the meat drain for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Fork shred the meat and serve on hamburger buns.
- Top the sandwich with cole slaw to serve.
>> Slow Cooker Sandwich Recipes