Pulled Pork with Root
Beer Barbecue Sauce
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) pork sirloin roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup root beer
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups root beer (two 12-ounce cans or bottles)
- 1 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon root beer concentrate (optional)
- Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 8 to 10 hamburger buns, split (and toasted, if desired)
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Tomato slices (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut roast to fit into slow cooker.
Sprinkle meat with the salt and pepper. In a large skillet brown
roast on all sides in hot oil. Drain.
- Transfer meat to a 3 1/2-, 4-, or 5-quart electric crockery cooker.
Add onions, the 1 cup root beer and garlic.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan combine the 2 cans or
bottles of root beer and bottled chili sauce. Bring to boiling;
reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about
30 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 2 cups.
- Add root beer concentrate and bottled hot pepper sauce, if desired.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board or serving platter. With a slotted
spoon, remove onions from juices and place on serving platter. Discard
juices. Using two forks, pull meat apart into shreds.
- To serve, line buns with lettuce leaves and tomato slices, if desired.
Add meat and onions, spoon on sauce.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Sandwich Recipes