Pulled Pork Sandwiches
This is a great recipe for serving a crowd.
Consider this for your family or friends. It’s easier than most
meals without a lot of side dishes to make or clean up involved.
Pork is inexpensive and leftovers can be frozen. It’s a great
patio meal and everyone likes pulled pork. Your guests will find
it intriguing that you cooked the meat in root beer.
If you want a truly Southern sandwich, put a layer of cole slaw on top of the meat before adding the top slice of bread.
- 5 pounds carnitas or any pork roast
- Enough root beer to amply cover meat
- 2 bottles barbecue sauce
- Put meat into slow cooker and add enough root beer to make sure it
is well covered. Don't worry about adding too much. Let simmer on LOW for about 8-10 hours.
- Pour the meat and juices into a colander in the sink, letting the liquid run down the drain.
- Put the meat into a large bowl; pull the meat apart into shreds with two forks, discarding any
fat pieces that you find.
- Add all the barbecue sauce, and stir it in. The meat will have cooled by now, so when it is ready to serve, re-heat it in the microwave.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.