- 2 pounds ground dark turkey
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 large bell pepper (red, green, yellow, or orange), seeded and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Salt to taste
- Soft whole-wheat hamburger buns or other soft sandwich rolls
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and set
over medium heat. Add the turkey, onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently to break
up the meat.
- When the meat is cooked through, transfer the mixture to the slow
cooker. Add the tomato sauce, ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, brown sugar, chili powder, paprika,
Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Taste for salt and more vinegar or sugar if desired.
- Serve the meat mixture spooned onto the split hamburger buns, along with a knife
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.