Tavern Style Barbecue Pork Roast
Read complete instructions first, as this is cooked in the slow cooker twice!
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 (4 pound) pork roast
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Place half of the sliced onions on the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place meat on top along with cloves and the rest of the sliced onions.
- Cover, and cook 8 to 12 hours or overnight, on LOW.
- Remove meat from slow cooker.
- Drain liquid from slow cooker and discard.
- Remove bone and fat from meat; shred meat; return to slow cooker.
- Add chopped onion and barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook another 1 to 3 hours on HIGH or 4 to 8 hours on LOW, stirring 3 or 4 times.
- Serve from slow cooker on large toasted buns.
Yield: 4 servings