Barley Stroganoff Stew
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Mix all ingredients except the sour cream in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Turn off heat then stir in sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles.