Black Beans and Ham Soup
- 2 ham hocks
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery; chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 quarts water
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 (46 ounce) can V-8 juice
- Sour cream
- Combine all ingredients except beans and sour cream in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove ham hocks and cut off meat; return meat to slow cooker.
- Add the beans and cook for 1 hour or until beans are heated.
- Serve with dollops of sour cream.