Black Beans and Ham Soup
- 2 ham hocks
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery; chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 quarts water
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 (46 ounce) can V-8 juice
- Sour cream
- Combine all ingredients except beans and sour cream in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove ham hocks and cut off meat; return meat to slow cooker.
- Add the beans and cook for 1 hour or until beans are heated.
- Serve with dollops of sour cream.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.