Bowl of Red
- 2 to 3 pounds lean beef cubes
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup pure New Mexican chile powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1/2 cup water
- Masa Harina
- Brown beef with onion; drain off excess fat.
- Add garlic and stir over medium heat for one minute.
- Transfer beef to the slow cooker; add salt, pepper, chile powder,
cumin, beer and water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Stir Masa Harina (or cornmeal) with enough water to make a smooth
paste and add to chili 30 minutes to 1 hour before done.
- Turn to HIGH and cook uncovered the remaining hour.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.