Cheesy Mexican Soup
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Cheddar cheese pasta sauce
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Coarsely crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- In a 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker place zucchini, bell pepper, onion,
beans and corn.
- Pour undrained tomatoes over vegetables and beans.
- Combine cheese sauce and broth; pour over all.
- Cover and cook on
LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
Yield: 5 to 6 servings
Nutritional info per serving: 287 cal, 14 g total fat (5 g fat),
35 mg chol, 1,391 mg sodium, 36 g carbo, 7 g fiber, 12 g pro