- 2 to 3 uncooked chicken breasts
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 to 3 potatoes, quartered, or 1/2 cup rice
- 2 onions, sliced (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- Put all vegetables in bottom of slow cooker; add chicken.
- Top with salt, pepper and liquid.
- Sprinkle with parsley and basil on top.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
- If using rice instead of potatoes, add the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Taste to determine when rice is done.
- Remove skin and bones from chicken.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Soup Recipes