- 2 to 3 uncooked chicken breasts
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 to 3 potatoes, quartered, or 1/2 cup rice
- 2 onions, sliced (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- Put all vegetables in bottom of slow cooker; add chicken.
- Top with salt, pepper and liquid.
- Sprinkle with parsley and basil on top.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
- If using rice instead of potatoes, add the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Taste to determine when rice is done.
- Remove skin and bones from chicken.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.