Chicken Stew with Pepper and Pineapple
The yummy gingery-flavored sauce is delicious! To get every last drop, spoon
Chicken Stew with Pepper and Pineapple over hot cooked rice.
- 2 boned and skinned chicken breasts
- 4 medium carrots, 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks in juice, juice drained and reserved
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Mix all ingredients except pineapple, pineapple juice, cornstarch and bell pepper
in 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until vegetables
are tender and chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Mix reserved pineapple juice and corn starch until smooth.
- Gradually stir into chicken mixture.
- Stir in pineapple and bell pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with rice, sliced green onions, toasted coconut and chopped peanuts or
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 195 Calories; 2g Fat (7% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 24g
Carbohydrate; 48mg Cholesterol; 280mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit
Source: Betty Crocker Slow Cooker
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.