Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 pound shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can Ro*Tel tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water (can substitute chicken broth)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen con
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 7 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles and
garlic into a slow cooker.
- Pour in water and chicken broth, and season
with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- Stir in corn and cilantro.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH
for 3 to 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil.
- Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.