This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 pound shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can Ro*Tel tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water (can substitute chicken broth)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen con
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 7 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles and
garlic into a slow cooker.
- Pour in water and chicken broth, and season
with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- Stir in corn and cilantro.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH
for 3 to 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil.
- Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.