Chinese Hot and Sour Soup
Make this restaurant favorite at home in your slow cooker. Nothing could be more simple!
- 8 cups (2 quarts) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup canned bamboo shoot strips
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon crushed fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 square firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Pour chicken broth into a 5- to 8-quart slow cooker.
- Stir in soy sauce, rice vinegar, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, ginger,
sriracha, white pepper, sugar and tofu.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in cilantro and green onions just before serving.
- Serve hot.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.