Cincinnati Chili can also be used for chili dogs.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 red pepper, cracked
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 whole allspice*
- 5 whole cloves*
- 1 bay leaf*
- Kidney beans (drained and heated slightly)
- Chopped onions
- Grated Cheddar cheese
* Put into cheesecloth bag for easy removal.
- Brown ground beef, then put into slow cooker with water, tomato paste, chopped
onion, chili powder, garlic, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, red pepper, cocoa, Worcestershire sauce and the cheesecloth bag
with spices. Cook for 8 hours on LOW.
- Add beans and cook on HIGH for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecloth bag of spices.
- Serve over thin spaghetti and layer with chopped onions and cheese.
Yield: 6 cups
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.