As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 red pepper, cracked
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 whole allspice*
- 5 whole cloves*
- 1 bay leaf*
- Kidney beans (drained and heated slightly)
- Chopped onions
- Grated Cheddar cheese
* Put into cheesecloth bag for easy removal.
- Brown ground beef, then put into slow cooker with water, tomato paste, chopped
onion, chili powder, garlic, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, red pepper, cocoa, Worcestershire
sauce and the cheesecloth bag with spices. Cook for 8 hours on LOW.
- Add beans and cook on HIGH for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecloth bag of spices.
- Serve over thin spaghetti and layer with chopped onions and cheese.
Makes 6 cups.
This can also be used for chili dogs.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Soup Recipes