Have your chili 3, 4, or 5 ways, Cincinnati style. This is also great
on hot dogs, smothered with shredded cheese.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
Have It 5 Ways
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained and heated
- Hot sauce (your favorite)
- Brown ground beef, onions and celery in a large skillet, drain off all fat.
- Place slow cooker ingredients into a slow cooker and stir well. Cover
slow cooker and cook for 7 to 9 hours on LOW, or for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2
hours on HIGH, stirring during last part of cooking if using high setting.
- Cook spaghetti 1/2 hour before chili is done.
- To have chili 3-ways, serve it with spaghetti, chili and cheese.
- To have chili 4-ways, serve it with spaghetti, chili, onion and cheese.
- To have spaghetti 5-ways, serve it with spaghetti, chili, beans, onion and cheese.
- Douse chili liberally with hot sauce, if desired.
Yield: 5 to 6 servings
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: polloloco
>> Slow Cooker Soup Recipes