Cream of Mushroom Soup
This is a very good soup.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups thinly sliced mushrooms (I added 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups light cream or half-and-half
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce can) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Melt butter or margarine in large skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms and
onion and sauté until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg over vegetables; stir to blend well.
Place in 5-quart slow cooker.
- Using wire whisk, beat in water, cream or half-and-half,
sour cream and chicken broth.
- Cook covered, on LOW for 4 hours. Turn setting to HIGH; cook 1 hour longer, stirring
- Stir in parsley and serve.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 5:08:00pm 8/3/03.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Soup Recipes