As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 to 3 cups pinto beans, lentils or mixed varieties
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 cups water or broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon salt or to preference
- Dash red or black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook overnight or 6 to 8 hours on HIGH.
- Serve with corn chips or cornbread.
Variation: Add taco seasoning and 1 can tomato sauce after cooking
and one can of corn; no need to drain.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Soup Recipes