Variation: Add taco seasoning and 1 can tomato sauce after cooking
and one can of corn; no need to drain.
- 2 to 3 cups pinto beans, lentils or mixed varieties
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 cups water or broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon salt or to preference
- Dash red or black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook overnight or 6 to 8 hours on HIGH.
- Serve with corn chips or cornbread.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.