- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder or beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup beef consommé (or whole can)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole green chiles, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Brown meat in oil. Drain grease.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid, consommé, lemon juice,
garlic, sugar, cumin, cloves, chiles, parsley and salt. Bring to boil.
- Place mixture in 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve in soup bowls or over rice on tortillas.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.