- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (1 medium) onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (5 ounce) can chili beans in chili sauce
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- Shredded mozzarella, Monterey jack or Cheddar cheese
- Slightly crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion, one-half at a time,
until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Transfer to a 3-1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Stir in dry taco seasoning mix,
diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chiles, pinto beans, chili
beans in chili sauce and corn.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Sprinkle each serving with some cheese and chips.
Yield: 8 servings