Traditional Beef Stew
- 2 pounds lean chuck roast, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 envelope Lipton's dry onion soup mix
- 2 jars mushroom gravy (about 3 cups)
- 6 small potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 carton fresh mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- Put the beef cubes in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with pepper and the onion soup mix.
- Add gravy.
- Layer the vegetables, potatoes
first, then carrots, and finish with mushrooms on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings