- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian or breakfast
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15
ounce) can tomato puree
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of sugar
cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 package sliced smoked sausage or kielbasa
- Hot sauce
to taste, optional
- Crumble ground beef and Italian sausage together in a large skillet; add onion
and garlic and brown meat. Drain.
- Pour meat mixture into regular size slow cooker
or medium size stew pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Add a little water if needed.
- Cook 1 hour on stovetop or all day in a slow cooker on LOW.
- Serve with cornbread.
Source: Jim Norman, Nashville Fire Department, Nashville, Tennessee
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.