Greek Beef Stew
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves fresh garlic (about 2 teaspoons minced)
- 2 1/2 pounds beef chuck or blade roast, cut into cubes, or stew meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cinnamon stick or 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 28 ounces canned, crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine, beef broth or water
- Turn the slow cooker on HIGH.
- Chop onion and add to pot.
- Add minced garlic.
- Top with meat.
- Sprinkle in salt, pepper and oregano and add cinnamon stick
- Add tomatoes and wine.
- Reduce heat to LOW and cook
8 to 10 hours. Meat should be falling-apart tender.
- Serve over couscous, orzo, mashed potatoes or rice.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings