- 1 1/2 cups dried garbanzo or navy beans
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 pound pork tenderloin or skinless, boneless chicken breast (optional)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth, 1/3 less sodium
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 grinds fresh ground pepper
- 8 dashes cayenne (optional)
- Five to 11 hours before serving, sort and rinse beans, and place
in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Place spinach in a microwave-safe dish and defrost in microwave,
- Cut meat into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Cut vegetables into wedges.
- Add all
ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 11 hours
or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours until beans are tender.
Yield: 8 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.