Ham and Bean Soup
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 2 cups navy beans or mixed beans
- 8 cups water (3 cups more may be added after bone is taken out, then cooked some more)
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash beans.
- Put everything into slow cooker. Set to HIGH. After it
begins to cook, turn to LOW, and cook for 10 hours or even longer.
- Remove the bone after about 6 hours and add additional 3 cups more
water if needed.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.