Hearty Beef Stew
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces small red
new potatoes, quartered - about 2 cups
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- about 2 cups
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom or celery soup
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 envelope Lipton regular onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram or thyme, crushed
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen
cut green beans, thawed
- In large skillet lightly brown stew meat; drain.
- In a 4-quart slow cooker place potatoes, carrots and meat.
- In a bowl, combine condensed soup, wine or broth, dry soup mix and marjoram or
thyme. Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Stir in thawed green beans. Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until beans are
done as you like them.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.