Hot Sausage Soup
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 quart water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (more if desired)
- 1 pound hot bulk (ground) sausage
- 1 large potato, cut into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- Mix beans, tomato soup, water, onion and seasonings together in
- Cook on LOW for 1 hour.
- Brown sausage in skillet over medium-high heat. Drain off fat.
sausage on layers of paper towels to absorb even more grease.
sausage to slow cooker along with potato and green bell pepper.
on LOW for 8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Yield: 6 servings