- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (18 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chile peppers, drained, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- In slow cooker combine kidney beans (undrained), tomatoes, celery,
onion, tomato paste, green pepper, green chiles, sugar, bay leaf,
salt, marjoram, garlic powder and pepper.
- In skillet brown ground beef; drain and stir into tomato mixture.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Skim off excess fat. Remove bay leaf; stir before serving.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.