Navajo Beef and Chile Stew
- 3/4 pound lean beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can ready-cut tomatoes with juice
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 (18.5 ounce) can whole-kernel corn, undrained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- Combine all ingredients except cornmeal in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker,
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until meat
- Turn control to HIGH. Stir in cornmeal.
- Cover and cook
on HIGH for 20 to 25 minutes.
Yield: about 4 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.