- 1 (3 pound) pork roast
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 can mild green chile enchilada sauce
- 4 small cans green chiles
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 8 minced garlic cloves
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white hominy, undrained
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chipotle adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers)
- Fresco cheese
- Place pork roast in 4 or 5-quart slow cooker. Add onions and next
- Cook on medium heat for 6-8 hours until meat is fork tender.
- Remove meat and shred. Place meat back into slow cooker; add hominy
and adobo sauce.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crumbled cheese on top.
Yield: 13 cups, serving 6