- 1 pound yellow onions, trimmed, cut into narrow wedges
- 1 (24-26 ounce) jar tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast,diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup minced parsley (optional)
Summer Vegetable Selection
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted bell peppers,
trimmed, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
Winter Vegetable Selection
- 1 pound yellow squash, pared,
seeded and cubed (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 pound yams or sweet potatoes, pared and cubed
- 1/2 pound carrots, pared and sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- In a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker, combine onions, pasta sauce, broth, oregano, and
the vegetable selection of choice.
- Add chicken, if desired or omit for a vegetarian option.
- Stir thoroughly until ingredients are mixed well and coated in sauce.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and turn to low setting for 5 to 7 hours or until
- If desired, add parsley just before serving.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Recipe and photo credit: National Onion Association.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.