Pot Roast Soup
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) beef Shoulder Roast Boneless
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 can
(14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions,
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes (cubes)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Cut beef roast into 12 equal pieces. Place in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow
- Add onions, tomatoes, potatoes, broth, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours, or on LOW for 8 to 9 hours, or
until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Stir in broccoli slaw; continue cooking, covered, for 30 minutes or until
broccoli slaw is crisp-tender.
- Turn off slow cooker.
- Stir in peas; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Total Recipe Time: High Setting: 6 hours and 15 minutes; Low Setting: 9 hours
and 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
the Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's