- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 10 cup water
- 3 cups coarsely chopped green leek tops
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 turnip, diced
- 1 dried mushroom
- 1/4 cup parsley stems and leaves
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables
begin to brown, 8-10 minutes.
- Place in a slow cooker with water, leek tops, celery, turnip, mushroom and seasonings.
- Simmer on HIGH for 6 to 8 hours or overnight until vegetables are very soft.
- Strain off stock and discard vegetables.
Yield: 8 servings
Variation: In place of leek tops, use a combination of two or more
of the following: loosely packed spinach stems and leaves, lettuce
leaves, tomato skins, fresh mushroom stems, or diced parsnips along
with some additional celery and carrot to equal 3 cups vegetables.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Soup Recipes