Spicy Hot Potato Soup
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped poblano chiles
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons seeded and minced jalapeno pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 5 cups diced peeled baking potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces Cabot Lite50 Jalapeño Cheddar, grated (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 ounces Cabot Sharp Lite50 Cheddar, grated (1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup chopped green onion
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook bacon until crisp in a large skillet. Transfer to paper towel
and set aside.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet. Add carrots,
poblanos, onion, jalapenos, garlic and cumin; sauté until golden brown.
Stir in flour and cook for 30 seconds longer.
- Scrape mixture into large slow cooker. Whisk in chicken broth and
milk. Add potatoes and salt.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until
vegetables are tender and soup is thickened.
- Add cheeses, stirring until melted.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve topped with green onions and
reserved bacon, crumbled.
Yield: 10 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Cabot Creamery
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Soup Recipes