Sweet and Sour Beef Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, grated (1 cup)
- 2 medium onions, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked noodles
- Poppy seed (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Brown stew meat in hot oil, transfer to slow cooker.
- Add carrots, onion, tomato sauce, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire
sauce and salt.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Meat should be tender.
- Blend 1 tablespoon cold water with cornstarch; add to stew. Cook
and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over hot noodles.
- Sprinkle with poppy seed.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Soup Recipes