- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in sauce
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- Shredded mozzarella, Monterey jack or Cheddar cheese
- Slightly crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion, one-half at a time,
until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat. Transfer
to a 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Stir in dry taco seasoning mix, diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes with
green chiles, pinto beans, chili beans in chili sauce and corn.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- To serve, sprinkle each serving with some cheese and chips.
Yield: 8 servings