- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 can (12 ounces) light beer, at room temperature
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine celery, carrot, green pepper and onion in slow cooker. Add
chicken broth, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Strain mixture; puree vegetables in blender and return to pot with
broth. Increase to HIGH setting.
- Dissolve flour in small amount
of water; add to broth. Add cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring
until blended. Pour in beer.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes,
or until cheese is melted and soup is hot.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Soup Recipes